Tuesday, April 22, 2008

April 22, 2008

I'm coming to the end of a chapter in my life and await a new beginning on my journey. The past four years I have served as Pastor of spiritual formation at a large church in the Metropolitan area of Indianapolis. Due to changes in my husband's job, and uncertainty of what comes next for us, I took a three month leave of absence and have resigned that position since we are still unable to make a commiment about where we will be.

On Sunday, the church held a reception for me. It was wonderful to hear that I had been missed. Many expressed their appreciation for my service. Many said, " I will never forget when you...."
Then I came home and opened card after card with similar comments.

A wonderful day! It was sort of like being at your funeral; except I woke up on Monday with the blank page of a new chapter staring me in the face. I look forward to traveling back to Florida this week to be with my husband. I've been cleaning out my office, seeing old friends, and my grandchildren. I'm ready to be back with my husband.

My husband will retire from the Air Force in June. We are not entirely ready to retire permanently. He'd like to work a few more years and I really want to continue to serve in ministry. The question is how and where. I continue to pose those questions to God and I feel like I'm holding with music palying in my ear. A pleasant sound, unless what you really want is an answer as to where I go from here.

No comments: