Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Connecting to others through and for God

As I'm leaving to join my husband in another state, there was one last person I wanted to see before I left. She called this morning to cancel our time together because she had mistaken when a doctor appoinment was.

I'm disappoined not to see her again before I leave. She has been a wonderful inspiration to me and others as well. Her story is like many others. Her connection to God was the last thing she was thinking of as she grew up in a home with two alcholic parents. She had taken charge of running her world without them. Then they sobered up and she had to give up her control. She continued, after entering the world, to be in charge of her life. Funny thing is she found out being in charge of her own llife was leading her to disaster in every part of life.

One day she finally fell to the floor to seek God's help and began to pray. I met her shortly after that happened and we have been on the journey together for four years. She is an amazing witness for God's forgiveness and love. She was like a sponge ready to soak up any drop of water that would draw her closer to God. i provided resources and we had many long talks, but it was God doing the work. We were connected by God's love for us and God used us to bless one another.

When we find these special relationships we want to hold on, but they are like holding sand as it passes through your fingers. We will always have the gift of that special connection, but we move on to allow God to connect and use us in the lives of others.

God knows our need for connectedness. I wonder who he will bring into my life as I plunge into the unknown waters of a new community. God is always before me blessing me before I can know.

God is always before you blessing you as you go. Why not get connected!

No comments: